For people with an increased risk
Starting May 8, the GGD will be vaccinating again against mpox (formerly known as monkeypox). Only if you have an increased risk of mpox you can make an appointment to receive this vaccination. GGD Amsterdam vaccinates residents of Amsterdam, Amstelveen, Uithoorn, Aalsmeer, Ouder-Amstel and Diemen.
Check if you can sign up
Are you a man who has sex with men or a trans person? Then you can sign up for vaccination at the GGD if one of more of these conditions apply to you:
Conditions (one or more)
- You use PrEP to prevent HIV, or you are on the waiting list
- You had sex with more than 10 people in the past 6 months
- You have sex at sex locations or sex parties
- You engage in group sex
- You have HIV and are tested for hepatitis C during check-ups
When not to sign up?
If you have already had mpox
If it has been confirmed with a test that you have already had mpox, you do not need to get vaccinated. You are already protected against mpox.
If you were fully vaccinated in 2022
You are fully vaccinated if you received 2 shots last year.
You are also fully vaccinated if you received 1 shot last year because you were born before 1975 and were already vaccinated against smallpox as a child.
If you already have an appointment
If you regularly visit the Center for Sexual Health Amsterdam or if you already have an appointment there, you will be offered the mpox vaccination during your appointment.
Please note: you can get your first shot no later than the end of September.
Do you want to know if the vaccination is meant for you? Starting May 8, use the mpox vaccination tool on Man tot Man for advice and guidance. Would you prefer personal advice? Then call the Soa Aids Infolijn: 0900 2042 040
Do you have specific questions about the mpox vaccination or are you unable to make an appointment online? Then call the GGD: 020 555 9390 (on weekdays between 9:00 and 12:00).
- About mpox and the vaccination: visit Mpox | Man tot Man
- If you think you might have mpox: this is what you do if you have mpox
- Do you have symptoms that fit mpox? Call your GP as soon as possible or make an online appointment at the Center for Sexual Health. Do not go without an appointment.
- Frequently asked questions about mpox: visit RIVM | Mpox