Our city clinics for young people (Sense)
Do you have questions about STI’s or sex? Do you want to be tested for an STI? Are you under 25 years old?
Then come to our youth consultation hour! Here we help you with all your questions about sex, STI, contraception, your body and love for free! We are located in 5 clinics where you can go around Amsterdam. You can make an appointment here or just come-in without an appointment.
What is Sense?
You can come to our nurses and doctors, with all your questions about love and sex. These might be questions like: Which contraception is best for me? Is birth control bad for me? Sex always hurts, what can I do about it? Do I have a problem getting hard?
For more questions and answers, click on the link Sense.info,
A Sense consultation and/or STI test, what can you expect from your appointment?
Would you like to make an appointment for an STI test and/or sense consultation? Make an appointment online here or call (020) 555 5822. This is possible from Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 10:00 and between 13:30 and 16:30.
What can you expect during a Sense consultation?
A Sense appointment consists of a conversation about everything that can have to do with sex. Such as contraception, fertility, pain during sex and problems with erection. It depends on what you want to talk about. You can also contact us anonymously.
What can you expect with an STI test?
- The test is intended for people who have no physical complaints
- You take the samples for the test yourself
- If you have a penis, you pee, if you have a vagina, you get a cotton swab
- If necessary we take some blood. Your blood will then be tested for syphilis and HIV and, if necessary, hepatitis B
- The examination lasts between 15 and 30 minutes
- You will receive the results within 2 to 5 working days
- You can view the results of the STI test online using your individual own passcodes.
Where and when
You can find us at 5 locations throughout Amsterdam. Usually, you can walk in without an appointment. If you do not have an appointment, we can help you if:
- There is space between the fixed appointments
- Up until fifteen minutes before closing time
- Only in your own borough.
See below for addresses and times:
Nieuw-west (New West)
- De Honingraat
Friday: 09:00 - 16:30
- OKT Gaasperdam
Wednesday 14:00 - 16:30
Thursday 14:00 - 16:30
- OKT Bijlmer Oost,
Bijlmerdreef 1005 C
Friday 09:00 - 16:30
- Jongeren Informatie Punt (JIP)
Monday 14:00 - 16.30
Thursday 14:00 - 16:30
- Sexual Health Clinic
Nieuwe Achtergracht 100
Is it free and anonymous?
We are happy to help you free of charge. Testing for STI’s is also free.
Everything you discuss with a nurse or doctor is confidential. Nurses and doctors are bound by professional secrecy. That means they are not allowed to talk to others about your conversation with them. This also means that no information is sent to your GP, parents or health insurance company. Information can only be sent to your GP if you give permission.