Travelling and vaccinations
The GGD Amsterdam's travel clinic administers vaccinations and provides travellers with fitting recommendations for all their travels to countries in Africa, South and Central America, Asia and the former Eastern Bloc countries.
Travelling and corona
Please plan your visit to our clinic at least 7 days in advance or 7 days after receiving a Covid vaccination. If this is not possible in connection with your trip, make an appointment. You will then discuss with the doctor which vaccinations are necessary for your trip.
Given the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, we are required to review the way we currently operate in order to ensure both your safety and that of our staff.
- Travel only if necessary.
- Do you currently have an appointment planned within the coming 4 weeks?Then we would like you to consider whether this appointment is urgently needed, and cancel it if you think it is not urgent.
- Do you have flu-like symptoms, such as coughing and/or fever? Then we request you to stay at home and reschedule your appointment. We strongly advise you not ta travel while having symptoms.
- Is your trip coming up within the next four weeks, and you don’t have flu-like symptoms? Then you may attend your appointment as planned.
- Is your trip planned more than four weeks from now? Please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Check the website of the national government for information about coronavirus and travelling abroad. Please be aware of the risk that countries can adjust their traveling policies based on the current guidelines considering Covid-9.
If you are coming to your appointment, then we ask you to adhere to the following rules:
- Disinfect your hands upon entering the travel health clinic
- Please do not shake hands with anyone
- Please stay (with your family) away from others at a minimum of 1.5 meters
- If you have to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crease of your elbow
- Please only bring members of your family with you who are required to come to the appointment for travel health advice
If you have any further questions or are not sure what to do with your appointment, please call us on: 020 555 5090.
Mind: when visiting the travel clinic recommendations are only given strictly in person and will absolutely not be provided by means of telephone or e-mail. This is to prevent any misunderstandings that might occur.