Coronavirus has reached the endemic stage in the Netherlands. Almost everyone has now built up immunity, through vaccination or infection. The virus is still going around, but few people are becoming seriously ill.
As COVID-19 is no longer causing major social or economic problems, all the coronavirus recommendations have lapsed. So you no longer have to get tested if you have symptoms and you no longer need to isolate if you have COVID-19.
The government asks everyone to use common sense. So the advice if you have symptoms of a cold or flu is:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- In the case of slight symptoms, ask your employer if you can work from home.
- If you have any symptoms, avoid contact with people who could become seriously ill with a lung infection. If physical contact is nevertheless essential (as in the case of informal care), always wear a face mask.
- Cough and sneeze in the crook of your arm and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, even if you have no symptoms.
- Make sure there is plenty of ventilation indoors.