If you work in the sex trade, visit the P&G292 website. The prostitution and health centre aims to promote self-reliance and emancipation of sex workers, particularly with regard to health and social position.
P&G292 is the centre for sex work and health. The number 292 refers to the centre's address at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 292 in the heart of Amsterdam. P&G292 aims to promote self-reliance and emancipation of sex workers, particularly with regard to health and social position.
The centre can help with:
- STI/HIV testing, hepatitis B, vaccinations, information and advice on your health and sexual health;
- legal aid, including questions regarding entitlement to benefits, residence permits, debt counselling or help filing a police report;
- practical information on and help with work, income, taxes, schooling and housing.
- courses including Dutch language, self defence and sexual health;
- the exit procedure, help and support if you want to leave the sex trade;
- psychosocial counselling, such as for stress at work or in your private life.
P&G292 is a joint project by GGD Amsterdam and HVO-Querido and is subsidised by the Municipality of Amsterdam.