Travelling and vaccinations
Make an appointment for your travel vaccinations and visit GGD Reisvaccinaties for personalised advice. The vaccinations you need are given straight away. You pay a charge for the consultation and the vaccines you receive.
See us well in advance of departure
- Will you be travelling for less than 3 months? Then you should see us roughly 4 weeks before you’re due to travel. You can also come earlier if you wish.
- Are you going away for more than 3 months? Or were you born before 1950? Then you should see us roughly 6 weeks before you travel. You can also come earlier if you wish.
Busy time before the school holidays
Don’t wait until the last minute! It can get very busy at our clinic before the school holidays. So, make an appointment as soon as you know which country you are travelling to. Vaccinations offer long-lasting protection.
But last-minute also helps
Don’t worry if you can’t see us until just before departure. Vaccines often work very quickly. And often you can start taking malaria tablets shortly before departure.
Feel free to call
Unable to make an appointment online? Or are you planning to come in a group of more than 4 people? Then you can call for an appointment. Our phone number is 020 555 5090. You can phone between 8.30 and 12.00.
Our phone lines are often busy. If you have difficulty getting through, please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience.
You can make an appointment from Monday to Friday. between 08.00 and 15.00.
Bring with you to the appointment:
- passport, ID card or driving licence
- healthcare card
- vaccination passport (yellow booklet and your children’s vaccination booklet)
- list of places you plan to visit
- if you take medication: overview of your current medication
- cash or debit card
What to expect during the appointment:
- You will receive personalised advice from a doctor or nurse. We will review your health, age, the places you plan to visit and any vaccinations you have already had, among other things.
- If you need malaria tablets, we will give you a prescription.
- If you need any vaccinations, we will give them to you at the appointment, and you pay for them straight away. Some vaccinations require multiple doses, meaning that you will need to make a follow-up appointment.
Advice only intended for you
The vaccination advice or malaria prescription you receive is only intended for you, and is given during a personal consultation in the consultation room. We do not give advice by phone or e-mail. However, general advice on your travel destination is available at ggdreisvaccinaties.nl.
Cancelling your appointment
If you need to cancel an appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance using our online form. Or phone 020 555 5090 between 08.30 and 12.00. If you do not cancel on time, you will have to pay for the consultation.