Been in contact with TB
The GGD starts a contact investigation around a patient with a contagious form of tuberculosis. We want to trace and treat people who may have been infected with the tuberculosis bacteria as early as possible.
Children and BCG vaccination
In the Netherlands, children whose parents come from a country where there is a lot of tuberculosis are vaccinated against this disease. Young children can become very ill from tuberculosis.
Travelling and tuberculosis
Are you traveling to Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or Central or South America? You may need a vaccination against tuberculosis (BCG vaccination) before you travel or you should be checked for tuberculosis after the trip.
- Making an appointment (by phone)
- Address and contact details
- Proof of identity
- Fee charged by health insurance company
- Electronic Patient/Client Record (EPD)
- EPD opt-out form
- Osiris (data registration)
- What is tuberculosis?
- How common is tuberculosis?
- What are the symptoms of tuberculosis?
- How is tuberculosis treated?
- Who attends to the patient?
- How does contact tracing work?
- How do you become infected?
- What happens if I have been infected?
- Who gets vaccinated (BCG)?